- 10 November 2022: Here is a report on our workshop at UZH on control of autonomous systems.
- 4 November 2022: At the Swiss Robotics Days in Lausanne!
- 4 November 2022: The paperback edition of our book The International Court of Justice and Decolonization has been published – just as the UK has changed its position.
- 3 November 2022: Paper proposal and Panel proposal submitted for REAIM conference 2023 at TU Delft.
- 2 November 2022: Talk given on "Eight Recommendations on Assessment of Robotic Systems" at a workshop at UZH on human control, part of our MAIC project. Thanks Markus Christen for organising it!
- 1 November 2022: CUP book edited by Silja Voenecky et al. on Responsible AI published, including our chapter on international law and the EU AI regulation.
- 17 October 2022: New project submitted to the SNSF (PI, 0.45 Mio Chf).
- 13 October 2022: At the AI Policy Summit at ETH Zurich. Thanks Ayisha Piotti for inviting me!
- 7 October 2022: New book chapter on "Eight Recommendations for Ethical and Legal Assessments of Robotic Systems Interacting with Humans" submitted.
- 3 October 2022: New paper on SSRN on human control and oversight of AI.
- 30 September 2022: At the general assembly of the Swiss Association of International Law in Neuchâtel.
- 19 September 2022: Fall term has begun.
- 24 August 2022: In a team retreat in Chamonix with our SNF team.
- 2 August 2022: Book chapter on the origin of the new norms in the EU AI Act is forthcoming in The Cambridge Handbook of Responsible AI (Vönecky et al. eds, CUP).
- 1 August 2022: Finished marking 150 exams of the spring term – as always, I have done all the marking myself, without any assistance.
- 27 July 2022: Our study on "Legal and Ethical Dimenions of Robotics in the Security Sector" is now available.
- 15 July 2022: Extensive interview available with Dr. Donald Riznik, a long-time lecturer in the MIL, on international law and the war in Ukraine!
- 30 June 2022: Module taught on Data/AI and Law in the CAS Big Data and AI – thanks for the trust, the active participation and the good feedback!
- 31 May 2022: Video of the talk at the conference "AI with Trust" now available (at 2:33.30, 2nd conference day AM).
- 18 May 2022: Video released explaining some legal questions re robotics.
... further news …
- 10 May 2022: 10'000 downloads reached on SSRN.
- 18 February 2022: Amicus curiae brief of Chagossians in Seychelles to ITLOS Mauritius v. Maldives (maritime delimitation in Chagos) available.
- 15 December 2021: ILM has just printed our introductory note to Mauritius v. Maldives.
- 27 November 2021: A position paper on a possible legal framework for AI in Switzerland has just been published – we contributed.
- 11 November 2021: Article published in MDPI "J": The Ethical Assessment of Autonomous Systems in Practice.
- 25 October 2021: My article has just been published at ZöR.
All news …