- To register, complete the application form stating what you envisage and expect of the mentoring relationship.
- Define preferences in your application by using a selection of suitable mentors.
- View the profiles and CVs of our students.
- Programme administration assigns mentor/mentee.
- Notification of the assignment.
- Mentors contacted by the mentees.
Structuring the mentoring relationship
- How the relationship is structured is up to the mentor and mentee.
- The relationship should be geared to meet the individual needs and goals of our mentees as well as the capabilities and skills of our mentors.
- The relationship is planned to last for two years.
- The mentor is the contact person for arranging meetings in person, telephone calls and e-mails.
The first meeting
- Discuss both parties' expectations as well as your preferred mode and frequency of communication.
- Next, decide how the mentoring relationship will finally take shape.
- Lay down the key principles of the relationship in the form of a mentoring agreement in order to create a more solid bond.
- If the mentoring relationship does not materialise, please inform programme administration accordingly.
We have two major expectations: firstly, the mentorship should be maintained at least until graduation, i.e. until you have attained your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. Secondly, at least one meeting is to take place each semester.
- The semester meeting offers a critical review of the progress achieved. It is also an opportunity to openly discuss potential shortcomings, particularly with respect to the goals that were laid down originally.
- Define goals for the next semester.
- A discussion based on a semester report written by the mentee. The form and content can be decided individually.
- The semester report is a requisite part of our programme.
- The report is to be submitted both to the mentor as well as the programme administration before the beginning of the subsequent semester.
Ending the mentoring relationship
- The mentoring relationship officially ends after two years.
- The past two years are reviewed and future perspectives are discussed in a final meeting.
- Premature termination of the mentoring relationship is allowed at any time by mutual consent. We request that you inform programme administration accordingly.